THE MONDAY MEMO
September 26, 2011 DPT Class of 2014
Calling All Volunteers!
Hopefully everyone has settled into their schedules and is ready to completely load their plate with other things! Along with SHRS, the Class of 2014 is finalizing details on a number of opportunities for people to become more involved. We’ll especially need extra help with class fundraising; more to come on that later. Other chances include the Halloween at the Children’s Hospital, SHRS Open House and more. Also, if you have your own ideas or areas you’d like for us to collectively become involved- speak up! Look out for announcements and please let your intentions be known if you’d like to assist!
In an effort to keep everyone better informed, please check out www.PittPhysicalTherapy.com and follow us on Twitter @ PittPT (it’s a work in progress…)
Mark Your Calendars!
- October 6th– International Fair 5:00 – 5:30pm – the Student Advisory Board is looking for a few volunteers to help with cleaning up after the event. More details to come but if you’re interested, please e-mail Matt at email@example.com
- October 26th– Post-Exam Dodgeball– looks like the faculty might field a team! Still working out the details but mark it on the calendar!
- November 5th– SHRS Open House– again, details are coming but we’re looking for 5 to 7 students to help out
- Monday: Musculoskeletal– Basic Skills Competency Testing in the AM- remember to bring your toolbox and arrive at least 10min early
- Monday: Patient Management– 1:00– 5:00pm Victoria Hall Room 245
- Wednesday: Clinical Ed.– Guest Lecturer, Dr. Paul Rockar (VP on the Board of APTA, past President of PPTA, responsible for advocating for direct access in PA)- dress in business casual and come prepared with questions regarding professional, health care, reform, insurance, and lobbying issues
- Friday: Research Methods– Quiz #4 due by Fri. on CourseWeb
- Friday: Group A Rounds– top of the alphabet, from 12pm – 1pm in Rm. 4060- overflow area in Room 6045
- Get your flu shots! Sept 29th, 11:00 – 2:00pm Flu Vaccine at Student Health Service Medical Arts Building, 5th Floor. Flu vaccine is available for a cost of only $15. Valid Pitt ID is required. Flu shots are also offered at Allegheny Health for $25
- October 3rd– General Scholarship Application Due– turn into Arlene Smith in Room 6035
- Shout-out! Hope you’re feeling better Professor Hergenroeder!