THE MONDAY MEMO
June 4, 2012 Pitt DPT Students
The Class of 2015 Has Arrived!
For this entire past week at the University of Pittsburgh, the DPT Class of 2014 has been giddy about the arrival of the latest edition to the family! Starting a new chapter in life can be overwhelming, so we have been taking measures to ensure the Class of 2015 feels welcomed and prepared during their first weekend as physical therapy graduate students. While many of the ‘Bigs’ and ‘Little’s decided to meet up over dinner Thursday night, everyone’s official orientation started on Friday. After being briefed by the faculty on logistics and expectations, the class officers of 2014 and a handful of others arrived to answer any lingering questions regarding life as a PT student. Then, Friday night, we all met up for our traditional ‘Welcome Social’ (version 2.0) and had an amazing night of conversation, dancing and getting to know everyone better! Saturday morning, a group congregated in the Southside to support our honoree ‘Sydney’ in the Arthritis Walk 2012. Team Pitt DPT was 70 members strong and raised $2,264 for the Arthritis Foundation which made us the largest team at the event and the 5th highest fundraisers!
The most impressive aspect of the weekend was how excited everyone was to celebrate coming together. The new students have an energy and enthusiasm to their class that is very inspiring! Though our curriculum is centered around learning facts and developing clinical reasoning skills, arguably the most valuable lessons originate from collaboration with our peers. It’s clearly too early to predict with 100% certainty where the Class of 2015 will take our physical therapy profession, but considering their academic backgrounds and their desire to join our already incredible family speaks volumes regarding their potential.
New students, during your remaining time in the program, the Class of 2014 promises to guide you, to the best of our ability, in the direction of your dreams! Again, welcome to the DPT program at the University of Pittsburgh, we’re so glad you’re finally here!
Mark Your Calendars!
- ASAP – Register for Fall Classes – remember to change Clinical Internship to three (3) credits
- ASAP – Update your Certified Profile
- Thursday, June 7th – #SolvePT Day
- Sunday, June 17th – Father’s Day!
- Class of 2014: We’ll be having guest lecturers for the remaining classes in Growth and Development. Please dress accordingly!
- Our amazing Class of 2014 Secretary, Jordan Mortensen, is carefully maintaining the calendar. Please check the latest class reminders and upcoming events on: http://PittPhysicalTherapy.com/calendar
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please e-mail PittPT@gmail.com if…
- … you’re interested in helping with the 1st Year Pledge Ceremony, we need 6 enthusiastic volunteers to assist in early September! Please let Matt know.
- … you’re going abroad this summer and would like to write a weekly post about your experience for our website (THANK YOU, LAUREN B!)
- … you’re interested in contributing something to The Monday Memo