THE MONDAY MEMO
May 14, 2012 DPT Class of 2014
Let’s Do This!
Welcome back and congratulations to everyone for making to our 2nd year of PT school at the University of Pittsburgh! Hopefully we all took full advantage of the free time, sunshine and were able to recharge the learning batteries a bit. Luckily we had two weeks to travel, see family and enjoy life outside of school before buckling down again for this summer.
In case you were totally disconnected, some wonderful things were happening in Pittsburgh. To start things off, the PTGSA received a very generous donation from a faculty member within SHRS, enabling the club to further support student involvement in APTA conferences. Then, it was announced that the University of Pittsburgh won the 2011-2012 Pitt-Marquette Challenge, donating the most money to the Foundation for Physical Therapy out of 50+ participating schools. Last but not least, our own director, Dr. Anthony Delitto, received the 2012 Charles M. Magistro Distinguished Service Award from the Foundation. It’s a great time to be a DPT student at the University of Pittsburgh; let’s keep this great momentum going strong throughout the summer!
Mark Your Calendars!
- After May 1st – Update your Certified Profile
- Thursday, May 24th – Mandatory Clinical Education Meeting – Location TBD
- Friday, May 25th – Motor Development Lab – Location TBD
- Monday, May 28th – Memorial Day – University Closed
- Saturday, June 2nd – Arthritis Walk!
- Monday: Neuromuscl. PT 8:00 – 12:00 pm Rm. 6045
- Monday: Biomechanics 1:00 – 3:00 pm Rm. 5073
- Tuesday: Growth & Devel. 8:00 – 10:00 am Rm. 6012
- Tuesday: PT Leadership 10:00 – 12:00 pm Rm. 6012
- Tuesday: EBP 2 1:00 – 3:00 pm Rm. 6045
- Tuesday: Biomechanics 3:00 – 4:00 pm Rm. 5073
- Wednesday: Neuromuscl. PT 8:00 – 12:00 pm Rm. 6045
- Wednesday: Biomechanics 1:00 – 3:00 pm Rm. 4014
- Thursday: Growth & Devel. 8:00 – 10:00 am Rm. 6012
- Thursday: Biomechanics 10:00 – 11:00 am Rm. 5073
- Thursday: Biomechanics 1:00 – 5:00 pm Rm. 5073
- If you’re interested in helping with the 1st Year Pledge Ceremony, we need 6 enthusiastic volunteers to assist in early September! Please let Matt know.
- Please e-mail PittPT@gmail.com if…
- you’re going abroad this summer and would like to write a weekly post about your experience for our website
- you’d like to become involved with a PT Public Awareness Campaign
- you’re interested in contributing something to The Monday Memo
- you’re chock-full of AWESOME ideas and need someone to tell!
- Check out the new Facebook group “Doctor of Physical Therapy Students” and post anything you think other DPT students might enjoy. (Over 1,400 students have joined!)
- We’re debating holding a scheduled MMSK review one day a week prior to our Summer Clinicals. Any preferences on day or time?