THE MONDAY MEMO
April 2, 2012 DPT Class of 2014
Thank you, Rachel!
Wow! Can you believe we have a mere twenty-six days until our first year of physical therapy school is in the books? It honestly does not feel right to say there is an entirely new class enthusiastically awaiting their start at the doorstep of Forbes Tower. As a group, we have grown so much since orientation weekend in June. Sure, plenty of events have brought us closer together and helped shape our class personality such as Wei-Neng’s cadaver lab jokes, Sandcastle Water Park fieldtrips, ‘testosterone alley’ and bromance, Professor Timko’s singing, our ugly sweaters and so much more. We really should be keeping track!
With all the amazing things we have done and experienced this year, you would think it is difficult to choose a singular moment that represents what it means to be in the DPT Class of 2014. That was true up until this past Saturday. No one was fully prepared for what had been arranged, though it’s always difficult to anticipate perfection. Together, with our classmates and closest friends, we shared a truly remarkable evening aboard the Gateway Clipper Fleet. Enjoying dinner and dancing with laughter and smiles is how a family spends the night together. The lasting feelings of Saturday far outweigh anything we could write here. For all of those wonderful memories, there is only one person to recognize. Thank you, Rachel; you are incredible!
Mark Your Calendars!
- Monday, April 9th – Evidence Based Practice – Research Project Due
- Tuesday, April 10th – Survey of Human Disease – Osteoporosis Quiz due on CourseWeb
- Saturday, April 14th – SHRS Open House – Please volunteer to help!
- Sunday, April 15th – Survey of Human Disease – Arthritis Quiz due on CourseWeb
- By May 11th – Register for Summer Classes
- Monday: Cardiopulmonary – Case Study Homework due
- Wednesday: Neuromuscular Lab – Lab quiz
- Friday: PT Rounds – Group B
- Tuesday: PPTA Mini-CSM Wrap-Up – 6:00pm Walnut Grove for those who responded to the invitation (Adam, Andrea, Rachel and Matt)
- Please contact your ‘Little’ and welcome them to Pitt Physical Therapy! We’ll be planning on getting something formal together for their first weekend in town, but details have not been arranged just yet.
- We need to submit our APTA membership list by 4/30/12 in order to be eligible in the Reach 100 initiative conducted by the Student Assembly Board of Directors!