The Monday Memo
April 1, 2013 PITT DPT STUDENTS
You have likely never heard of the “I have a plan” speech… but, I am sure you would quickly recognize the “I have a dream” speech.
As students, we can sometimes get lost in “the plan”. I have to get this, this, and that done before tomorrow, so I can do this, that, and the other thing.
Simon Sinek in a not-so-recent TED talk sheds some light on successful leaders and organizations. He describes the secret to success by saying, “every organization knows what they do. Some know how they do it. But very few know why they do what they do. Not for a profit – that is a result… But what is your purpose, why do you exist?”
He encourages defining your purpose and recognizing that once you develop your “why”, you will inspire those around you.
So, what motivates and influences us? What is our tipping point for action?
Be inspiring. Be a leader.
Check the Calendar for Class Schedules and Events
Social Media Updates
- #DPTstudent – WEDNESDAYS , 9-10pm EST! Check out #DPTstudent page for details!
- Unite Physical Therapy Students – If you haven’t yet, please check out the “Doctor of Physical Therapy Students” Facebook page. More than 4,200 students have already joined!
- Our own page! Pitt Physical Therapy, thanks to the Social Media Team, has create an official PittPT Facebook page!
- #SolvePT (meets on Tuesdays Twitter from 9-10pm EST)
- Log ‘N Blog – Our PITT PT team is up and ready for new members! Please join and ask friends and family to join as well!