The Monday Memo
March 25, 2013 PITT DPT STUDENTS
I am a wanna-be yogi – I have been trying to force my hamstrings and core into cooperating for almost seven years now.. and I will probably need to keep you posted for,.. well,.. forever on how that’s coming along. I stumbled across an article this week specifically pertaining to yoga practice, but I think it applies pretty directly to my PT education at this point. The Reader’s Digest version of the article goes something like this:
PRACTICE. PRACTICE. PRACTICE. And, when you think you have practiced enough, continue to practice. An expert level of skill is only achieved after you have spent 10,000 hours working at it.
I have a few choice words when I think about how long 10,000 hours really is. But, what better way to spend my time then working towards something that I love to do? With a few weeks left in the semester, let’s not forget why we are really in this program. We are doing something we LOVE at one of the BEST universities in the country.
#H2P #neuropickles #moodleU #peopleispeople
If you want to check out the article I’m referencing, click this link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
Check the Calendar for Class Schedules and Events
Social Media Updates
- #DPTstudent – WEDNESDAYS , 9-10pm EST! Check out #DPTstudent page for details!
- Unite Physical Therapy Students – If you haven’t yet, please check out the “Doctor of Physical Therapy Students” Facebook page. More than 4,200 students have already joined!
- Our own page! Pitt Physical Therapy, thanks to the Social Media Team, has create an official PittPT Facebook page!
- #SolvePT (meets on Tuesdays Twitter from 9-10pm EST)
- Log ‘N Blog – Our PITT PT team is up and ready for new members! Please join and ask friends and family to join as well!