The Monday Memo
December 3, 2012 PITT DPT STUDENTS
#DPTstudent Chat: A Huge Success!
Last Wednesday was the inaugural Twitter #DPTstudent chat. With a phenomenal turnout, students from across the country discussed the reason they were inspired to join the PT community in the first place. From great mentorship to Body World exhibitions, I was impressed by the expanse of catalysts that have encouraged our national student body into this field. Following this discussion, the enthusiasm of the group was almost palpable. The residual Twitter buzz spoke only of the excitement for the next prompt for our #DPTstudents to tackle.
The support that has since been generated between students, faculty, and PTs around the country has also made me look forward to the Combined Sections Meeting in January. Since there was such a strong response to #DPTstudent chat, I can only anticipate the positive reaction to our next project: Log n’ Blog. ‘Tis the season for New Years Resolutions and school spirit, and Log n’ Blog is the perfect combination of both. The Foundation for PT is inviting students (faculty and family members!) to participate in a student-driven fundraiser.
Log N’ Blog – Click here for more info
Also consider this…
And Hail to Pitt!
Social Media Updates
- #DPTstudent – WEDNESDAYS , 9-10pm EST! Check out #DPTstudent page for details!
- Unite Physical Therapy Students – If you haven’t yet, please check out the “Doctor of Physical Therapy Students” Facebook page. More than 3,500 students have already joined!
- Our own page! Pitt Physical Therapy, thanks to the Social Media Team, has create an official PittPT Facebook page!
- #SolvePT (meets on Tuesdays Twitter from 9-10pm EST)
- Log ‘N Blog – Please ‘Like’ the Facebook page and tell your friends about the effort!