THE MONDAY MEMO
January 16, 2012 DPT Class of 2014
“The Stone of Hope”
The newly erected memorial to Martin Luther King, Jr. will be, for the first time, visible on the third Monday in January in the nation’s capitol. The memorial is the first to immortalize a non-president and African-American on the National Mall and sits relatively close to the Lincoln Memorial where Dr. King delivered his “I Have A Dream” speech in 1963.
“With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.” –MLK Jr.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Monday, February 20th – Application deadline to be a student usher at PT 2012 in Tampa, FL More info: http://www.apta.org/annualconference/ushers/
- Thursday, April 26th – MOVED: MMSK Shoulder and Upper Quarter Written Exam
- Monday: No Class
- Wednesday: Neuroscience Lab – Quiz
- Wednesday: Musculoskeletal Lab – Remain as one group to continue lecture material
- Friday: Patient Management – Read the intro to PBL material
- Friday: PT Rounds – Group A (first half of the alphabet)
- Friday: Clinical Internship – Performance Improvement Plans due to Lynn Fitzgerald
- Thanks again for everyone’s help in orchestrating a very successful ‘Preview Pitt PT’ Day! This year, the program had a record number of applicants and it looks as though we’ll have another great class behind us next year! Hail to Pitt!