The Monday Memo
October 15, 2012 PITT DPT STUDENTS
Meet the Officers of the DPT Class of 2015
If you haven’t had the chance to get to know the newest edition to our DPT family at the University of Pittsburgh, then you’re missing out! From the most competitive and numerous group of applicants in the history of our admissions process has emerged the future leaders of our profession. With the support and guidance of the faculty, this young group of energetic and engaging students looks to build on the progress of the Pitt PT classes before them and raise expectations of those that follow. Let’s meet them!
President – Claire Occhionero
Vice President – Kelly Ricker
Secretary – Nicole Stepowoy
Treasurer – Dimitri Theofanis
Social Chair – Tessa Murray
Social Media Director – Stephanie Austin
Academic Liaison – Kevin Gilmore
Academic Liaison – Chris Taylor
PPTA Liaison – Robyn Szablewski
PPTA Liaison – Clayton Anderson
Pitt-Marquette Challenge Representative –Kristyn Anselmo
Pitt-Marquette Challenge Representative – Kaitlyn Bianco
Pitt-Marquette Challenge Representative – Jackie Harrigan
Pitt-Marquette Challenge Representative – Rachel Hollenbach
Social Media Updates
- Unite Physical Therapy Students – If you haven’t yet, please check out the “Doctor of Physical Therapy Students” Facebook page. Nearly 3,000 students have already joined!
- Our own page! Pitt Physical Therapy, thanks to the Social Media Team, has create an official PittPT Facebook page!
- #SolvePT (meets on Twitter from 9-10pm EST)
Mark Your Calendars!
(Students – also check the Calendar) Please keep checking this calendar for upcoming deadlines, syllabus changes and events!
2nd Year Students:
- Tuesday, Oct. 16 – Neuromuscular PT II – Please dress in business casual for our guest speaker
- Thursday, Oct. 18 – MMSK III – Advanced spine, Pain, Soft Tissue Written Exam
- Thursday, Oct. 18 – Health Promotion – Please dress in business casual for our guest speaker
- Thursday, Oct. 18 – Mid-term CIET – Turn into Lynn Fitzgerald
- Friday, Oct. 19 – Neuromuscular II – Please dress in business casual for our guest speaker
- Friday, Oct. 19 – PT Rounds – Last half of alphabet
- Saturday, Oct. 20 – SHRS Open House – please arrive by 9:15am if you are volunteering!
- November 2 – 4 – National Student Conclave! It’s been estimated that the PTGSA will be able to reimburse up to $150 per person! Keep those receipts!