THE MONDAY MEMO
March 12, 2012 DPT Class of 2014
Whether you traveled to Scotland or stayed here in the ‘Burgh, hopefully everyone made the most of their Spring Break 2012 by seeing family, friends and spending maximal time outdoors. We return with just seven weeks remaining in our first year of the DPT program. Can you believe it? It’s both exciting and a little intimidating! If you’re not feeling fully recharged, use these motivational quotes and videos to get you through the rest of the semester (or inspire you to win your NCAA Brackets).
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit” – Aristotle
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mark Your Calendars!
- Tuesday, March 13th – PPTA Meeting – Deep Brain Stimulation, Catherine Birk, MD @ Healthsouth Harmarville
- Friday, March 16th – End of Early Bird Registration for PT Annual Conference
- Wednesday, March 21st – Neuroscience Written Exam II
- Saturday, March 24th – Mini-CSM – 9:00am – 12:00pm PPTA Southwest District! Lots of students attending!
- Saturday, March 31st – First-Year Formal
- Monday: Evidence-Based Practice – Split Class (Left side @ 7am, Right side @ 4pm)
- Wednesday: Neuroscience Lab – Quiz on Descending Tracts
- Wednesday: Musculoskeletal – Cervical and Thoracic Oral Practical Exam
- Friday: PT Rounds – Group A
- Friday: Clinical Seminar – Last day to turn in Fall Preferences sheet
- Sign up for the Mini-CSM hosted by the PPTA Southwest District
- Be sure to attend the ‘Meet & Greet’ social following the lectures, hosted by the PPTA Representatives and PTGSA
- We need to submit our APTA membership list by 4/30/12 in order to be eligible in the Reach 100 initiative conducted by the Student Assembly Board of Directors!
- Turn in your NCAA Brackets and $10 to Paul by Wednesday.
- If anyone is available to help dog-sit 3 pooches for a PT in Regency Square (Forbes Rd) for March 15th – 19th let Katrina know. The sitter would need to stay at the house for those days.